It is the responsibility of every NHS funded organisation and health care professional to ensure that children and people in vulnerable circumstances are not only safe but also receive the highest possible standard of care. Kingsbury Court Surgery acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard, protect and promote the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk.
We remain committed to best practice and high-quality service provision which prioritises the safeguarding of our patients who are, or may be, at risk.
The practice, in line with our Safeguarding Children Policy and Safeguarding Adults at Risk Policy and Procedure:
- Respond quickly and appropriately where abuse is suspected, or allegations are made.
- Have a robust system for dealing with, escalating, and reviewing concerns.
- Remain aware of child and adult protection procedures and maintain links with other bodies, especially the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK) Integrated Care Board (ICB) appointed contacts.
- Will liaise with other agencies, such as Social Services and the Police where additional support, intervention or information sharing is necessary.
Our robust approach:
The practice Safeguarding Review Panel assembles weekly and is attended by a variety of practice clinical, non-clinical and management professionals, including:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead & Managing Partner Dr Abdullah Khan.
- Operations Manager Jaya Patel.
- Deputy Clinical Safeguarding Lead Younis Din.
- Domestic Abuse Champion & Quality Assurance Manager Rebecca Newton- Barry.
- Non- clinical Safeguarding Lead & Lead Secretary Maggie Smith
- Care Coordinator Carley Kent.
Our Safeguarding Review Panel discusses any new cases that have been brought to the attention of the Designated or Deputy Clinical Safeguarding Lead & Non- clinical Safeguarding Lead. The team also examines our safeguarding records to discuss and manage any updates to historic cases which we continue to monitor using our robust process and analytics.
Kingsbury Court Surgery would like to assure you that we are always here to listen and to support. We encourage anyone reading this statement to come forward to the practice should they have any concerns they wish to disclose regarding a child or adult at risk.